Re: Re : Fwd : Re : Re : [Gimp-developer] splash pictur [jean-luc.coulon@xxxxxxxxxx]

Hi,

Alan Horkan <horkana@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> PS How are the Splash and About images still PPM format* because I was
> wondering why they aren't in a smaller format like PNG?
> (* I dont have the latest copy of GIMP 2.0 handy otherwise I'd check)

Please get a recent copy then or refrain from commenting on our
code. These files are PNG for more than 2 years now. You could have
downloaded a new version in the meantime.

Of course we know about the problems that l10n can introduce. However
the solution to this problem is not to add some arbitrary extra space
but to adjust either the widget or the font size dynamically.  Usually
the widget is adjusted but for the about dialog we adjust the font
size and I consider to do the same for the splash.

Sven