Re: [Gimp-developer] The GIMP Foundation

On 8 Mar 2004, at 23:09, Kelly Martin wrote:
> Sven Neumann wrote:
>
> > If sueing copyright violators is the main goal, I'd rather let the
> > Free Software Foundation do this job. It is probably in a lot better
> > position when it should ever come to a law-suit.
>
> The FSF can't sue someone unless it owns at least some part of the
> code in question.  The FSF's solution to this has been to seek
> assignment of copyright.
>   Do you want to assign the GIMP copyrights to the FSF?

Sven cannot assign _all_ GIMP copyrights to the FSF, since he does
not own them. He can, however, assign _his_ copyrights to the FSF (as
can anybody else, for that matter).

(This is undoubtedly what you meant, I am just stressing it to
clarify.)

--
branko collin
collin@xxxxxxxxx