Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: Tentative 2.2 feature list

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:51:40 +0100
Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ernst Lippe <ernstl@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > > http://refocus.sourceforge.net/preview/gimppreview.html
> >
> > The major points in the discussion were that some people did not like
> > the way that the preliminary version of the preview tried to prevent
> > recursive updates and that the names did not start with GIMP.
> >
> > As far as I can tell these points have been fixed in the first
> > official release.
>
> As far as I remember the major problematic point was the fact that the
> preview creates temporary drawables in the core instead of handling
> the preview completely on the plug-in side. Has this been addressed
> as well?

No, the preview itself does not generate any temporary drawables.
However there is a utility function for the plug-in to generate
such temporary drawables, when it finds that more convenient,
but in that case it is the responsibility of the plug-in
and not of the preview. It can function perfectly without
any temporary drawables.

Ernst Lippe