[Gimp-developer] Re: Tentative 2.2 feature list

Hi,

David Odin <David@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>   To be more precise, since the GTK+ team has deprecated GtkPreview,
> I would have like to see if the gimp couldn't have its own widget
> for this. I won't promise it will be done on time, though. Let's put
> this on the "maybe included" list.

GtkPreview is still available, there's nothing that keeps us from
using it.

What we are aiming for is a lot more complex than what GtkPreview is
providing. The goal is to have a widget that can zoom and pan. It
should also provide an API that allows to use the same image
processing routines for the preview as are used for the drawable. The
plug-in author shouldn't have to care much about the preview.

Sven