Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: Win GIMP

On 4 Feb 2004, at 0:15, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

> (Cc:ing to the gimp-developer list.)
>
> mi315810@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> > I just wanted to add an SDI type view of GIMP, that way
> > when you don't have all the floaty windows.

In GIMP 2, there are already the possibilities of showing the main
menu in the image window (I believe it's on by default), and of
docking most other windows, so that you don't have too many floaty
windows.

There has also been discussion about some MDI type interface,
although the main developers seem dead against it, mainly on account
of that they feel this is something that should be solved using the
window manager, not the application.

Please check the bug database (http://bugs.gimp.org), the archives of
this mailing list and perhaps anything you can find in Google.

--
branko collin
collin@xxxxxxxxx