Re: [Gimp-developer] Misnamed structure element in SFScript structure?

Hi,

Kevin Cozens <kcozens@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> In the file plug-ins/script-fu/script-fu-scripts.c is a typedef for
> SFScript. The third member is 'description'. The contents of the
> structure is filled in by the routine script_fu_add_script() further
> down the file. This routine is processing the arguments of the
> script-fu-register call located at the end of a Script-Fu based script.
> It uses the second argument of script-fu-register to set the value of
> 'description' in the SFScript structure.
>
> I see this as misleading. It is not a description of the script but more
> of a menu path. The following item (referred to as 'help') contains more
> in the way of an actual description of a script.
>
> I think it would make more sense to change 'description' to something
> like 'menupath'. It would be more indicative of its actual use.

Well, it is not only used as a menu-path but also as a (short)
description.  Basically, Script-Fu is a mess. Wouldn't you want to
rewrite it? We keep looking for someone who wants to redo Script-Fu
for quite a while already.

Sven