Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: Re: Re: Alternative zoom algorithm

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 02:22:57AM +0100, Simon Budig <Simon.Budig@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > other parts, and I already had enough with C guts) and is small, it
> > just fits in place with the old code instead of more deep changes.
>
> True. (These "break strict aliasing rules" warnings however are harmless
> according to Yosh.)

Just a sidenote, unless caused by a bug in the compiler, these warnings
are never harmless. They might not cause problems with current gcc,
but there is no guarentee that the code will do as expected with other
compilers or future versions of gcc, unless one uses -fno-strict-aliasing,
which can be a major performance problem in some cases.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxx      |e|