Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: Alternative zoom algorithm

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004, Marc wrote:

> Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 20:22:05 +0100
> From: Marc <pcg@xxxxxxxx>
> To: Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx>
> Cc: gimp-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: Alternative zoom algorithm
>
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 05:24:51PM +0100, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > <pcg@xxxxxxxx ( Marc) (A.) (Lehmann )> writes:
> >
> > > Get used to it, that's how gimp-developer works :(
> >
> > Marc, your comment is highly inappropriate.
>
> Eh, really? Yes, maybe I should have said "that's how gimp developers
> work", which would be more approriate.

I commend Sven for his diplomacy.
I am very pleased by Simons explanation.

This may have been the way some of the GIMP developers have worked in the
past but I hope that in future the GIMP developers will do just like
Simon has done and explain his criticism in a fair and clear manner so
that no one will have reason to get offended.

I think that more developers will be attracted to the GIMP if they are
forgiven for impatient mistakes and the over enthusiasm of beginners and
not knowing how things work around here but are given the chance to learn.

Sincerely

Alan H.