[Gimp-developer] Re: [Gimp-user] Re: Alternative zoom algorithm

Hi,

GSR - FR <famrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> So I only have a question: why is homougenous zooming the holy grail
> that makes the rest of issues discardable? Something other than the
> words smooth or continous, which only make me think about animation
> and not about painting.

Homogenous scaling is predictable while your approach is just a set of
preset aspect ratios that appear to be more or less arbitrary. So far
you failed to explain the advantages of your approach. This makes it
hard to judge which one would be better.

Sven