Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: GimpCon 2004

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 03:23:47PM +0100, David Neary wrote:
> Carol Spears wrote:
> >
> > How about we know what funding there is and how much gimp has to work
> > with.
> >
> > Or skip all that and just show up somewhere and send the bill to
> > dsrogers?   Call it faith in misinformation.
>
> I think that we need an event before we go looking for money,
> though. Saying that we want sponsorship for a vague conference
> that we might have next year doesn't compare to asking for money
> for the conference we're going to have on dates X, Y and Z in
> Kletzenberg.

as far as i am concerned, this event and all of the other ones suggested
here have already occured.

while people were struggling with real life problems and such, they were
told that a presentation would be needed for consideration for a recent
trip to talk about gimp with real life people.

having volunteered much of my efforts and work already, i really really
didn't have time to do this again.

someone did get to go, travel and such paid for.  no presentation that
was shown to me.

everything outlined in this letter has already been done, perhaps
several times over.  then over again.  then again just to be sure.

where is the money?  how much is there?  who are the contributers and
what did they intend to get from the money.

faith shall set you free.

i have much faith in the misinformation surrounding gimp.org.

carol