Re: Gimp printing UI - was Re: [Gimp-developer] Update on pre-release schedule

Hi,

Robert L Krawitz <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>    > And also, if it cannot be made possible to spread a image over several
>    > pages and tile the results, as that would be too much change, the
>    > possibility of making the printable image larger than the printer
>    > printable area, and trimming the print would be  a nice thing for me
>    > at last.
>
>    IIRC, there are enhancement requests for this in the gimp-print bug
>    tracker at sourceforge.
>
> The real problem is that we don't have a permanent maintainer for the
> plugin, so there's nobody to implement RFE's against it or otherwise
> improve the interface.

As far as number of copies is concerned, this sounds more like a
non-GUI feature. Well, of course it will need a GUI element but adding
a single spinbutton shouldn't be a problem.

BTW, if someone rewrites the print plug-in GUI, please consider not to
use (lengthy) tooltips on each and every widget. This was probably
done to improve useability but IMO it makes the plug-in user interface
a nightmare to work with (or makes you disable tooltips).

Sven