Re: [Gimp-developer] Edit Alpha as Mask

Hi,

usr352@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> - If necessary, fill the remaining purely transparent parts with a
> color of your choice, since according to the logic of the designers
> of the program they conceptually have no color at all.

I think you misunderstood some discussions or you wouldn't talk such
a nonsense.

On a related note: In 1.3 we introduced the possibility to initialize
the mask from the layers alpha channel. This is still unfinished since
it should probably transfer the alpha channel to the mask by making
the layer all opaque. The open question here is if this should be the
default behaviour. It might be confusing since the other ways of
initializing the layer mask don't touch the layer's alpha channel.
Any opinions on this, anyone?

Sven