Re: [Gimp-developer] style guide gimp-help-2

Am Mit, 2003-08-20 um 01.41 schrieb pcg@xxxxxxxx:

> References are extremely important, more important than tutorials in
> prose, IMnsHO.

This doesn't clash with my idea. Especially good cross references are
important but this is exactly one of DocBooks' strengths.

> Now, maybe this can be combined, like a manpage-style reference + links to
> usage examples (that would imho be optimal!), plus introductory
> material.

This is the plan. :)

> Yeah :( But providing good and useful documentation is extremely hard.
> I don't believe the Gimp will succeed, but if it does, it'll be _the_
> prototypical "free software rocks" app for another reason again.

Heh, don't be so negative, rather help us to bring the help up to par
with your sense of quality, content- and structurewise.

--
Servus,
       Daniel