Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp-perl-cvs status

pcg@xxxxxxxx ( Marc) (A.) (Lehmann ) wrote:

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 02:51:16PM -0400, Carol Spears <carol@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

is it worth building the gimp-perl module from cvs yet?

Depends on what you are needing it for.

The evrsion in CVS seems to be fully working, except that none of the
examples that use their own Gtk+ interface have been converted to gtk2
yet, and coredump.

Also, many constants have different names in 2.0, and, although I
hopefully renamed them in the plug-ins, I certainly didn't test all the
plug-ins.

There are also certainly some edges, but you should be able to work with
it quite nicely. And if some plug-ins don't work just delete them.

(I even built it on windows for fun.. and as I though, no sourcecode
changes were required, although I built with cygwin using gtk+2-win32)

i am going to spend some time at my moms early next week. this
might be one of those cool occasions where i can have the perl
plugins working on wingimp and not on my elite debian gnu/linux
box cvs gimp build.  is that cool or what?

do you think there might be something to show her while i am there?

i will warn you, i am having a whippet party with my good friend
szell earlier this day, so i will not be as clear thinking as usual.

what is the chances that the gimp perl plugins can run be running
on my moms window box next monday evening?

carol