Re: [Gimp-developer] tentative GIMP 2.0 release plans

Hi,

<pcg@xxxxxxxx ( Marc) (A.) (Lehmann )> writes:

> This is *extremely* unfair. _You_ are proposing a rather big version
> change, and your only argument is soemthing like "I told soma
> magazine"....

I sense your reaction as extremly unfair since we discussed the
version number in all details and there were other arguments than the
completely meaningless one you mention here.

> What is ridiculous is the unexplainable insistence on that change
> when so many people feel bad about it?

A few people expressed that they dislike the version number, other
liked it. We went through all the arguments a few times and finally
decided that we want to go for 2.0. What is so insistent about this?
It's a decision and it had to be done at some point. Now please, for
the good of GIMP, accept it and let us proceed to prepare this
release.

Sven