Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp-help-2

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 07:40:14PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> I don't really care. I just wanted to be sure that you considered using
> these tools. If you dislike them and decided to go for a different
> solution, I'm fine with that.
I think, that Daniel Egger and Mel Boyce setup the newer gimp-help-2
module. For this reason, i think that Daniel know exactly what he is
doing, to get a good documentation done. I can currently agree with him.
If i understand you right, you just wanted to take care, that no one
invest time to get a new documentation done which is completly useless.
So, we're on a good way to get a "basic" documentation done, which is useable
for the Prerelease of the GIMP 2.0. Iam looking forward to get this
done and hope, that more contributors join us, when a site is up ...

> >   - a webpage where we can upload the current cvs for the online user
> >
> >   - a status page
> >
> >   - a contributing page, where everyone can get involved
>
> That's exactly what I was trying to say. I was asked today on #gimp how
> to contribute to gimp-help and I wasn't sure what to respond. A web-page
> to refer people to would certainly help a lot.

I'll setup up some pages for the module, but where can i upload these pages?
A good way to update the status of the docs is an account, where i can
sync my help and the help docs on the server.
If it isn't possible to upload these pages to the current website yet,
i'll create a "temporary" location for the these docs. This isn't the
best way, because "temporary" means difficult for the users and upcoming
contributors. I uploaded docs of the gimp-help-2 module on a university server,
since we might get a section on the gimp page.

  http://www.kuhcampus.de/~roman/gimp-help-2/

Maybe one of the GIMP Website Team can help me?

Greetings,
--
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de