Re: [Gimp-developer] Portable XFC

Stephen J Baker wrote:

It seems to me that XML was just *made* to do (1) nicely. It's also rather
nice that this is human readable and the parsers for it are likely to be easy.
XML is nice and modern and there are loads of supporters of it. I don't think
this should even be a matter of debate - it's *so* obvious that this is the
way to go.

I second the "obvious" part to this. I have been seriously caught off guard lately as this seems so obvious to me that I could not begin to envision a conversation being needed to support it.

However, I have had great success with xml, only after I had my own tools built for it. The nice thing about xml is that you can build your "own issues" into it. This is also why I found it necessary to build our own.

carol