Re: [Gimp-developer] Portable XFC

Hi,

I'd like to mention that none of the proposed formats except the XML
approach would be capable of supporting the stuff we want to add to GIMP
with GEGL. I don't think any existing format could be sanely extended to
support complex render graphs as will be introduced with GEGL. We are
not talking about simple layer lists or trees any longer but we need to
be able to store complex processing intructions with each node. XML
seems to be the only reasonable choice here.

According the library that reads and writes the new format, GEGL should
provide this functionality. The basic file format should be defined by
GEGL and GIMP will only add some user interface specific things in its
own namespace.

Sven