Re: [Gimp-developer] GimpCon RFC: Portable XCF

At 9:33 PM -0400 8/13/03, Carol Spears wrote:
The last time I got the mng libraries, they came along with liblcms. Are you sure that liblcms does not do all of this?

A quick reread of the PNG/MNG format reveals that you can use ICC profiles, but NOT CMYK, Lab or other color spaces. That's why lcms - to handle the embedded profiles that might exist.

Rightly or wrongly, I consider ImageMagick to be the gimps command line
until it gets too ugly and you need to start scripting.  Probably this
is wrong also?

That's as good a use for IM as any ;).

tiff is so old.

True, but that in and of itself isn't a bad thing...

it seems like many old ideas have a lousy way of handling some of the new ideas.

Such as? Can you give a specific technical example of a problem/limitation of TIFF???

Leonard -- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Leonard Rosenthol <mailto:leonardr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <http://www.lazerware.com>