Re: [Gimp-developer] A fresh pair of eyes.

On 4 Aug 2003, at 15:43, Alan Horkan wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Simon Budig wrote:
> > Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 00:51:13 +0200
> > From: Simon Budig <simon.budig@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> > To: gimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] A fresh pair of eyes.
> >
> > David Neary (dneary@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> > > The point, as I see it, is that there's no reason *not* to follow
> > > the leader when it comes to keybindings - it makes migration
> > > easier for people used to the other app, and makes your app more
> > > attractive as an alternative, without removing any functionality,
> > > or necessarily making things harder for experienced users. So if
> > > it costs nothing (or very little), why not?
> >
> > Uh, making all the long time GIMP users grumpy because the shortcuts
> > they are used to use do no longer work and they have to reconfigure
> > them to the old default "costs nothing"?
>
> You mean the existing GIMP users dont already have custom menurc
> files? You mean if we provided a GIMP 1.2 menurc for those who wanted
> it, our current users dont already know how to change a menurc?  (we
> need an Inteface for this, and I need to make sure there is a bug
> report about it). You mean GIMP doesn't allow you to migrate your old
> settings when you upgrade to a new version?

Since I have no way of looking on the harddisks of all GIMP's users,
I have no way of knowing, but I am guessing that, indeed, a large
number of the current GIMP users do not have custom menurcs, and do
not know how to change those.
--
branko collin
collin@xxxxxxxxx