Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: new-xcf

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 01:56:00PM -0400, Christopher Curtis <ccurtis@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Where is there documentation on the ar format?  I can't seem to find

man 5 ar
google ar file format

etc.. easy to find.. like tar and cpio (and to some extent zip), there is
no "the" ar format. susv3 has to say this about the format:

   If an archive file consists entirely of printable files, the entire
   archive file is printable. When ar creates an archive file, it creates
   administrative information in a format that is portable across all
   machines.

Yupp, that's all. Another good resource apart from manpages and google is
the binutils source, which contains a lot of real-world info.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxx      |e|