Re: Menubar in fullscreen mode [Re: [Gimp-developer] the user installer]

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:57:18 +0200
> From: Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx>
> To: Alan Horkan <horkana@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: gimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Menubar in fullscreen mode [Re: [Gimp-developer] the user
>     installer]
>
> Hi,
>
> Alan Horkan <horkana@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> >> Go to the menu and toggle "View Menubar". How did you miss this?
> >
> > (Gimp 1.3.4) I had the menubar turned on I expected to still have the
> > menubar in fullscreen mode.
>
> I don't understand your answer but just to clarify my sentence I will
> describe the behaviour of fullscreen mode for you. By default, if you

I expected the menubar to stay on in fullscreen mode.  I just wanted to
point out that my expectations were different from what happened, which I
realise is unneccessary information from your point of view.  (I only have
a recent build at home so it takes me a while to check these things).

Having to turn it back on for full screen mode is sensible enough, and an
entirely reasonably solution.

Adobe seems to think Fullscreen with menu bar is an important enough
option to give it a toolbar button and menu item.  Perhaps the GIMP would
consider giving it a menu item (and that menu item would allow a keyboard
shortcut which is what I really want.  if i recall correctly Photoshop
uses Shift+F, instead of just F for fullscreen).

> normal mode and this state is saved and will be used again when you
> switch to fullscreen mode again later. I hope this clarifies things.

Thanks for the clarification.

Should I file a request in bugzilla, asking for a "Fullscreen with Menu"
option or do you think it would not be worth adding?

Sincerely

Alan Horkan