[Gimp-developer] Re: [CinePaint-dev] GIMP/CinePaint file incompatibility

Ernst,

> Couldn't both teams try to find a common format?

In theory yes, but it seems unlikely.

Sven said today that GIMP has been (privately) discussing a new XML-based
file format for GIMP for more than three years -- which is the first I've
heard of it. However, no spec has been made available. Without any knowledge
of what GIMP was up to, I've been working on the design of a new XML-based
file format for CinePaint for two months. I posted the preliminary spec for
comment a month ago, and it is about to go into implementation. It could
appear in CinePaint in as little as a month. We're not going to wait for
GIMP.

Cheers,

Robin
Robin.Rowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   Hollywood, California