Re: [Gimp-developer] What's new in GIMP-1.3 so far

Hi Sven,
is it time to flame again ?
Instead of that, please try to read _and understand_ the
arguments other people have against your decision, or how
should one understand :

	"Actually a few magazines already know that the next stable
	release is supposed to be 2.0 for some time already."

And please try a google search for "gimp 2.0" as suggested. My
quick looking reveals "gimp 2.0 backend", 16 bit, cmyk, does qualify
for pre press ...

At 18:16 18.06.03 +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Marc kept stating that there are no user-visible changes in GIMP-1.3.
>I really don't know how much time he spent with GIMP-1.3 ...

See above. BTW: do I have qualified to have an option ?

>but I doubt
>that he is aware of the amount of changes that have been made. To
>clarify things a bit and to justify a 2.0 version number for this
>release, I made a compressed version of the NEWS file as found in the
>1.3 tree. So here's a list of (mostly user-visible) changes. I'm sure
>I still missed quite a few things...

I could comment on every single feature, but if you just reread your
own list you should be able to see that there is nothing major beside
the huge rewrite which IMHO only justifies the .0 number as in
'beware of totally new misbehaviour' :-)

And Gimp Python was in the Gimp tree before 1.2 was released ...

	Hans