Re: [Gimp-developer] What's new in GIMP-1.3 so far

Hi,

<pcg( Marc)@goof(A.).(Lehmann )com> writes:

>> When, if not now, do you want to increase the major version number?
>
> When there is a major change (e.g. gegl, cmyk). Using another
> toolkit is not a major change at all to me. Using the same internal
> representation for images, having the same features, simply doesn't
> warrant the new major number.

OK, so replacing the approx. 8,000 lines of code in the base directory
with GEGL would be considered a major feature. The fact that the other
230,000 lines of code that make up the application have been
substantially rewritten counts as a minor improvement only? Sorry, I
cannot follow you on this argumentation.

Sven