Re: [Gimp-developer] The first official release of the new GimpPreview widget

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:45:20 +0100
"Adam D. Moss" <adam@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ernst Lippe wrote:
> > After an intolerable long wait, I just released the first official version
> > of the new GimpPreview plug-in widget.
> > You can find it at "http://refocus.sourceforge.net/preview";.
>
> I've given it a cursory scan and it looks pretty good to me
> (interface and functionalitywise, that is, since any cosmetic
> details are a minor issue).
Thanks.

> It's always good to see people writing docs as well as code!
Lack of good documentation has always been one of my main frustrations
when using software.
On the other hand, writing documentation is hard work, I've
spent a lot more time on updating the documentation than I've
spent on updating the code.

> I quite look forward to using this at some point.
>
> I really suspect that if there are practical flaws in the design
> then they're more likely to become apparent when authors try
> to apply the widget to a wide variety of plugins, rather than
> simply by reading the design docs.
I think that you are right. But at least there are now a
few example plug-ins that the users can play with to see
if the user interface is OK.

BTW, I forgot to mention in my previous post that I am
of course highly interested in all experiences of developers
that have tried to use this widget.

greetings,

Ernst Lippe