Re: [Gimp-developer] makes it sense to add native CMYK support to GIMP?

Hi,

"Stefan Klein" <kleins@xxxxxx> writes:

> I am a computer science student looking for a final year project. I'd love
> to do something in the Open Source community and I am looking around where
> my help might be needed. Having a little interest in graphics design and
> prepress, I came across GIMP and CMYK support. The little research I've done
> gives me the impression that over the last couple of years it's regularly
> been asked for and it might be an important feature to get GIMP into the
> pre-press world.
>
> What I'd like to know is the following:
> 1. Is anybody actually working on this? There were hints now and then that
> people are thinking about it, but I didn't find anything definite, apart
> from an entry "Additional ColorModels" on the GEGL todo list
> (http://developer.gimp.org/gegl-todo.html) that seems to point in that
> direction.

I'd suggest you help to integrate CMYK support with proper color
management into GEGL. The GIMP itself is almost feature-frozen and we
are working hard at getting it released. That's probably not a good
time to integrate CMYK support. We do hope however that GEGL will be
ready for consumption when the release is out so that we can start to
integrate it.

Sven