Re: [Gimp-developer] Adding feature - user defined layer combination

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 22:03, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

> Therefore, one could, for instance,ina  single work use a "combine 50% blue as
> green" mode, and on his next image, the artist could make an "add red to
> alpha" combine mode. The differene is that the option is up to the user, and
> there will be no need for him to patch the Gimp to get the desired effects.

Another cool thing to have would be conditional layer mode statements
like 'if [luminosity] of [background layers] is [higher than] [50%]
paint [foreground] in [normal] mode' (something similar to the UI when
defining mail filters in Evoilution).

> So, I would like to know if you think this could be an itneresting feature.
> What could and could not be done here. If we get to an interesting final idea
> here, I think I can write, with ocasional questions to you, the necessary
> code to make it work.

I love the idea, as long as one doesn't need to be an uberhacker to be
able to construct a blending mode with that sort of thing ;)

good luck! hope to see some code soon.

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac@xxxxxxxxxx>