Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: GIMP-1.3 and Win32

Hi,

Tor Lillqvist <tml@xxxxxx> writes:

> Hans Breuer writes:
>  > - having the *exactly* same results with fonts on different
>  >   platforms would require to use the same font file
>
> And even with identical font files, the results might be different
> because some platforms will have the TrueType bytecode interpreter
> disabled in Freetype (as it is by default in the sources, AFAIK)
> because of the patent issues. Possibly this doesn't matter for text
> sizes one would typically use a GIMP text tool for, though.

Well, the goal is not to guarantee identical results but to make it
possible to get them. So if someone needs to edit a text layer later,
she should have a chance to get the same (or reasonably similar)
results by installing the same font files.

The text layer will definitely be saved to XCF as pixel data so that
it doesn't need to be rendered unless someone edits it. We will only
add the necessary info so that it can be edited later.

Sven