Re: [Gimp-developer] perl-fu : cannot save image

i'm using mandrake 9.0 and gimp 1.2.3 , removed mail() in exit,
but the saved logo is totally different than the gimp do interactively.

>The only solution is to avoid script-fu whereever possible. It has been
>horribly buggy since many years (I don't remember it being working
>ever). But obviously it's much more fun to blame gimp-perl for bugs in
>script-fu, or claim thats cript-fu was never written to be used as a
>gimp-plug-in, or other fun stuff.

ok but io want to create logos using existing script-fu logo script?
 it's possible ????

I want to do serious scripting work with gimp, similar to   cool text.com,
can you help me to decide in what direction i should go ?

I have not obtained deterministic results till now.

Script-fu, perl-fu , interactions between them, outdated documentations ???

----------

use Gimp ":auto";
use Gimp::Fu;
use strict;

sub net {
}

Gimp::init;
Gimp::on_net(\&net);

Gimp::set_trace (TRACE_ALL);

my $i=0;

system ("rm -f image_1.png");

	script_fu_alien_glow_logo("hello hello $i", "150", "-*-utopia-bold-r-*-*-150-*-*-*-*-*-*-*", [255,0,0] );

	my $img = &gimp_image_list();

	my $fname = "image_1.png";
	my $activelayer= &gimp_image_flatten($img);

	file_png_save(RUN_NONINTERACTIVE, $img, $activelayer,
                    $fname, $fname, 0, 9, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);

# Handle over control to gimp

exit;

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:29:43 +0100
<pcg@xxxxxxxx ( Marc) (A.) (Lehmann )> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 12:11:29AM +0100, Valter Mazzola <valter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hello  Marc , i want to automate logo creation
> > with the script
> >
> > exit main();
>
> That's the problem. If you use Gimp::init then you should not call main.
>
> --
>       -----==-                                             |
>       ----==-- _                                           |
>       --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxx      |e|
>     The choice of a GNU generation                       |

Valter Mazzola - Software/Databases for Enterprise Web Sites
  Java, Jsp, ASP, PHP, PERL, Mod_Perl, PL/SQL, Apache,IIS
  C/C++, Oracle, SQL Sever, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Access.
http://SitiDinamici.com/
Phone:(+39) 347/129-07-16.  Fax:(+39) 02/700-539-403

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:46:43 +0100