Re: [Gimp-developer] sourceforge cvs issue

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 01:15:07 +0000, Tor Lillqvist <tml@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Branko Collin writes:
>  > Is not all your code in the GIMP CVS repository? If so, why not?
>
> I have told this several times, most recently earlier today:
>
>   I have local changes I haven't committed to the (real) GIMP CVS,
>   true. [...] As soon as 1.2.4 has been officially released I'll try
>   to see how many of my local changes I can integrate cleanly into the
>   official sources and commit to CVS, but I don't want to do that
>   until after 1.2.4 has been released. I'm afraid of breaking stuff
>   and delaying the release even further.

>From my point of view, I think that it would be better to integrate
these changes before the 1.2.4 release.  This would allow the 1.2.4
release to be the same on all platforms.  Otherwise, we would have to
have a new release for all platforms (1.2.5) once your changes are
merged into the common codebase.  I would prefer to avoid that, so
that 1.2.4 can be the last stable release on the 1.2.x branch (famous
last words - of course there will still be some bugs).  It would be
nice if everybody could focus on the 1.3.x development once 1.2.4 is
relased.  Disclaimer: this is only my personal opinion.

-Raphaël