Re: [Gimp-developer] Which Gimp

Robin Rowe wrote:

Are the FreeBSD, Solaris, IRIX and OS/2 efforts truly internal to GIMP,

> treated more like a cousin as with GimpWin, or totally independent efforts
> like MacGimp and Film Gimp?
>
> I only find Linux, Solaris, and Windows binaries on ftp.gimp.org. Where on
> the GIMP Web site is the documenation for Solaris, FreeBSD, Mac, IRIX, and
> OS/2?

Correct on limited flavors of binaries.  We are inclined to be source distributors, and leave the
making of more specialized binary distributions to folks who know how to make them. For example,
the freeware volunteers at SGI build gimp packages from sources originating from the same
gnome repository the gimp developers here support, but employ the SGI software packager,
and these install fairly effortlessly on the various SGI's I have.  They are current to Gimp 1.2.3 with
a package dated Jul-01-2002.

http://freeware.sgi.com/index-by-alpha.html

It would be nice if we tell people to where they may find more exotic binaries, such as for SGI,
and give such folks a few thank-you's every now and then. Mea culpa. Hopefully this note
will correct some of that.

Be good, be well

Garry