Re: [Gimp-developer] 1.3.10 failing to use system fonts.

Hi,

"Matthew Lewis" <whammy@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The man page wasn't much help. I added the relevent directories to the
> XftConfig file and restarted xfs just in case, but Gimp is still refusing to
> use anything other than the default fonts. Could someone post a copy of
> their XftConfig file as an example of how to add font libraries to Gimp?

I will say it again: GIMP-1.3 does _not_ make use of X11 to render
fonts. It thus doesn't make any sense to restart xfs since the font
server is not involved at all.

Adding the font directories to /etc/X11/XftConfig should do the
trick. Here's an example line:

 dir "/usr/local/share/fonts/TrueType"

Please note that you need scalable fonts, not necessarily TrueType,
but scalable.

Salut, Sven