Re: [Gimp-developer] Random number seeding interface

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, David Neary wrote:

> The real change would be to do away with the toggle, replace the
> toggle button with a normal button, and set a random seed in the
> spin-box when the button is pressed. For this, I've been using
> the global PRNG (g_random_int) rather than setting up what would be
> a short-lived GRand * object, but again that would be a trivial
> change.

This would be great!  Several times I have lost a really good seed because
I did something that causes the plug-in to change the seed, or because I
wanted to use it in multiple invocations, and couldn't, because of course
it comes up with a new seed each time.

Rockwalrus