[Gimp-developer] Re: CMYK 16-bit print developer sought

   From: "Robin Rowe" <rower@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:11:14 -0700

   How to proceed has not been resolved. The Film Gimp project is focused on
   motion picture applications. As you know from my exchange with Robert I
   would like to see addressed the well known Gimp shortcomings with print and
   CMYK. However, this is not an application area motion picture technology
   developers understand well and no one from print has offered to lead this
   mission.

This can't really be lead from the print side.  We'll have no problem
with 16-bit and CMYK (although we don't currently support 16-bit RGB),
but the GIMP side needs to spec an API for it.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@xxxxxxxxxxxx

--Eric Crampton