[Gimp-developer] CMYK 16-bit print developer sought

> I was reading today in the gimp-mailinglist Your
> dialog with Robert L. Krawitz on 26. september
> 2002. I hope You can decide for making together an
> print-plugin in filmgimp.
> 16 bit is an issue for any serious artist. I work
> with scanned 16bitimages for creating panoramas. I
> need to present them on the web and on paper too.
> Please help to come away from a simple 8bit-gimp.
> Good luck for your project at all.

How to proceed has not been resolved. The Film Gimp project is focused on
motion picture applications. As you know from my exchange with Robert I
would like to see addressed the well known Gimp shortcomings with print and
CMYK. However, this is not an application area motion picture technology
developers understand well and no one from print has offered to lead this
mission.

If any developer has the expertise and interest to work on improving CMYK
and 16-bit per component print please contact me or post a note to the
filmgimp-developer list.

Thanks,

Robin
www.LinuxMovies.org