Re: [Gimp-developer] Double tile iterators?

David Neary (dneary@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Dr William Bland wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > 	I've just started writing my first gimp plugin, so I'm very new at
> > this.  Hope nobody minds my stupid questions ;-)
>
> <snip>
>
> > it occurred to me that the tiles that get iterated over will not
> > necessarily be of the same size for the image_drawable and select_drawable
> > which would cause this loop to go horribly wrong!
> >
> > Can anyone suggest what the Right Thing to do here is?  I know it's
> > possible to look at image_drawable on a pixel-by-pixel basis (rather
> > than tile-by-tile), but from what I've read this will make things *very*
> > slow and obviously I don't want that ;-)
>
> For the moment you have no problems - all tiles are 64x64, and
> that's hard-coded.

You might run into trouble though, since it is possible to have an
offset to a layer, which means, that the tiles do not necessarily
match.

However, Some time ago Marc Lehmann destroyed my fears with respect to
that. The core cares about this problem and makes sure that the pixel
regions are split up in smaller parts where each part is contained in a
single tile per drawable.

Bye,
        Simon

--