Re: [Gimp-developer] Layer Sets

Hi,

Erin Tomson <ekt@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Unless I'm mistaken, gimp doesn't have any support for layer sets or
> folders. Other programs, such as photoshop, allow you to group layers.
> The layers inside the group will first be merged. Then the result will
> then be merged with the remaining layers.
>
> Are there any plans to add support for something like this?

this is planned but since noone started to hack on it until now I doubt
it will make it into GIMP-1.4.

> Alternatively would it be possible to implement this as a plug-in, or
> would such a change be too fundamental?

I don't think it could completely be implemented as a plug-in.
Depending on what you need exactly it might be possible to implement
these features as a plug-in. At least for visual feedback in the
layers dialog the core would have to be touched however.

Salut, Sven