Re: [Gimp-developer] gradients database?

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 01:42:06PM +0800, Gordon Royle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks to the help from this list, I have now interpreted the gradient
> format and my program can now freely use at least the simpler GIMP
> gradients (linear interpolation). After all this work, I had hoped that
> there would be some central listing containing lots of cool gradients that
> I could just immediately use.... but all I can find are the ones that
> come with the GIMP already and a few isolated ones on the web. Does
> anyone know if there is any central location where individuals can
> contribute their funky gradients? If not, should there be one? This
> could be easily automated to allow people to submit their favourite
> gradients and build up a really excellent resource...

	There were a couple big piles of gradients based on
fractint gradient files floating around at one point.

ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/contrib/grads-adrian-fractint.tar.gz

there are about 500 in there I belive...

I seem to have about 700 sitting in my gimp setup at the moment,
not sure where all from...

Adrian