[Gimp-developer] Re: What to do when zooming in? (bug #79384)

tigert@xxxxxxxxxx (2002-04-24 at 1306.29 +0300):
> For the record, I would probably like "zoom on pointer" since then you
> can avoid the panning-after-zooming to find the place of the image. And

Yes, it would be great, place where you want, hit key and zoom
there. Saves the switch to zoom tool and back.

> that is how the zoom tool works too, doesnt it already zoom centered on
> where you click? I mean, I dont know since I never use it, being so used
> to the shortcuts.

It does, where you click becomes the centre of the window.

I think too that zoom should track mouse, or if mouse is out (sloppy
focus, ie, or over widgets around image) zoom based in centre.

GSR