Re: [Gimp-developer] amp photoshop curves

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 11:10:12PM +0100, Branko Collin wrote:
> Regis Rampnoux recently made a plug-in which can be found at
> <http://registry.gimp.org/plugin?id=1557>. I am not sure I entirely
> understand what it does, but it looks like it applies the curve
> directly, rather than converting it to a GIMP curve first.
>
> I seem to remember he was working on another plug-in for Photoshop
> curves.

Does Gimp 1.3 work include making it possible (easier? maybe it was already
possible) to provide plug-ins/ modules that make Gimp understand more +
different types of palette, gradient, brush etc. automagically? ie You
install a "FooPaint brush add-on" and then FooPaint brushes can be placed
in $DATADIR/foopaint-brushes or something to make them appear in amongst
ordinary Gimp brushes...

ISTR that in Gimp 1.0 I found it hard to add this sort of thing without
hacking the core, but obviously I'm not up to speed with 1.3 yet :)

Nick.