[Gimp-developer] Size entry widgets..

Howdy.

I have been thinking about this thing for a while already.. pretty often
I have a situation like this:

        * I will need to design a flyer or something, and try to fit it
          on a common papersize so it can be photocopied/color-lasered
          easily
        * But the size is too large, so I rather design a "cut A4 in
          three" (or US Letter depending where it will be printed)
        * A4 is 209.9028mm x 297.0389mm
        * My design would then be 209.9028mm x (297.0389mm / 3) which
          makes a nice flyer shape
        * It would be very very handy if I could type that into the New
          Image entry;  Height: [ 297/3 ] millimeters and Gimp would do
          the division for me and round it to the nearest pixel.
        * It would allow the very basic math like add, subtract,
          multiply and divide. This would be very useful for situations
          like the above.
        * Yosh said it would be doable, not impossible. And told me to
          post to the list instead of dreaming of it on IRC :-)

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert@xxxxxxxxxx :: www.ximian.com       :: ::