Re: [Gimp-developer] test this howto now

Hi,

Nathan C Summers <rockwlrs@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> We have to be a little careful here, as in the off chance that
> configure.in is written correctly and everything works right :) aclocal
> doesn't say anything.  That could confuse beginners.  ("I type aclocal and
> it didn't do anything!")

that would only happen if the user tried running aclocal in a directory
that has a working configure.in. But you're right, probably using
'cvs --help' and 'aclocal --help' would be a better choice.

> While I do think that we should assume the reader is familiar with
> compiling the GIMP to some extent, we should also realize that they may
> never have dealt with auto* other than typing ./configure.

this is the whole point of a compile-from-cvs howto as it will only in
this regard defer from the compile-from-tarball howto. The autofoo
tools are rather tricky and it is not obvious how to get everything
right.

Salut, Sven