[Gimp-developer] Support for doing image preprocessing using Gimp library functions?

Hi,

We'd like to add support for doing some color preprocessing for
Gnome 2.0 GTK pixmap themes.  We'd like to not reinvent the wheel
and am hoping that we could use Gimp library functions to do
the processing work.  Is this currently supported?  If not, would
it be a lot of work to add support?

How this would work, from a user's perspective, is that a new GTK
theme capplet would include UI for specifying and previewing
saturation/brightness/contrast and hue shifts for the images
specified in the pixmap theme.  Then, when a user's theme is
loaded the images would get massaged and the resulting shifted
images get cached and used for display.

	Miles