Re: [Gimp-developer] intelligent scissors

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 03:04:55PM -0800, Laramie Leavitt wrote:
> Portions of the 'live-wire' feature would be expensive, namely
> the freezing, edge learning, and automatic node generation.
what is the difference between 'freezing' and 'automatic node
generation' here? both belog to what the paper calls 'path cooling',
right?

> I submitted a patch not to long ago that implemented the most visible
> part of the live wire feature--the interactive edge--and I was told
> that it was accepted into the developers version.  I have not checked
> to see if it really is there, but I could send the file again if I can
> find it.
yes, it's included in cvs gimp

> As far as I can tell, the node generation is not that substantial--it is
> easily done by hand. The learning portion would be tough, and with the
> current interactive algorithm the freezing would also be difficult.
i'll have a deeper look into gimp to try to figure out the problems...

--
CU,		  / Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen, Germany
Martin Waitz	//  [Tali on IRCnet]  [tali.home.pages.de] _________