Re: [Gimp-developer] intelligent scissors

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 10:37:13PM +0000, Austin Donnelly wrote:
> I think I was the last person to substantially modify the iscissors
> code.  I read the paper you reference above, and indeed it was quite
> helpful.  However, note that their algorithm is substantially more
> computationally expensive than what iscissors.c currently does.  This
> is deliberate.
yes, but i guess one has to test-implement it to be able to
judge if it's worth it...

> Also, the "live wire" feature mentionned in the paper
> would be fairly tough to do in gimp (from a UI point of view).
this is my problem: i don't know very much about gimp's UI-programming
as of now.

> Can you be more specific about what features described in the paper
> you wanted to add to iscissors?
i'd really like to add path-cooling first,
as i think it's fairly independent to the underlaying path calculation
(as this is done different in gimp from what i've seen,
although i must admit i don't yet understand everything of
gimpiscissortool.c)

i'll read and think on... ;)

--
CU,		  / Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen, Germany
Martin Waitz	//  [Tali on IRCnet]  [tali.home.pages.de] _________