Re: [Gimp-developer] Feature Request for 1.3

<benr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hello Gimp Devel.
>
> First off, I started playing with GIMP 1.3 last night and it is awsome.  The
> 1.4 stable series is going to be amazing.

Thanks ;)

> I wanted to take this oppertunity, early in the devel work on 1.3 to restate
> an old nagging feature request of mine:
> The only feature I miss when I use GIMP is that of Photoshop's brush
> cursors.  In Photoshop, when you choose a 12pixel brush, your cursor becomes
> a 12pixel sphere (or whatever shape of the brush) to illistrate where your
> paint is going to drop.  This is, IMHO, a very very useful image editing
> tool.  I'd requested this type of ability in the 1.1 and 1.2 development
> stage but was asked to wait for 1.3.  I do alot of image cleanup and when
> editing an image border (say, painting out a background) its really helpful
> to know exactly which pixels are going to be changed.

This has been requested several times, has been an issue on irc and
everybody seems to agree that we want this feature. Why don't you go
ahead and add it as an "enhancment" bug to http://bugzilla.gnome.org
with "1.4" as target milestone? Just to make sure it won't get lost...

ciao,
--Mitch