Re: [Gimp-developer] Feature Request for 1.3

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:44:09 -0800
<benr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> sent:

> Hello Gimp Devel.
>
> First off, I started playing with GIMP 1.3 last night and it is awsome.
The> 1.4 stable series is going to be amazing.
>
> I wanted to take this oppertunity, early in the devel work on 1.3 to
restate> an old nagging feature request of mine:
> The only feature I miss when I use GIMP is that of Photoshop's brush
> cursors.  In Photoshop, when you choose a 12pixel brush, your cursor
becomes> a 12pixel sphere (or whatever shape of the brush) to illistrate
where your> paint is going to drop.  This is, IMHO, a very very useful
image editing> tool.  I'd requested this type of ability in the 1.1 and
1.2 development> stage but was asked to wait for 1.3.  I do alot of image
cleanup and when> editing an image border (say, painting out a background)
its really helpful> to know exactly which pixels are going to be changed.

> Thanx for any consideration.
>
> benr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As soon as a I saw benr, I though "Brush size request". Seems that you
and Tammy both want that feature ;)
(tammyspeech.mp3)

   UNIX gives you      |   l  i  n  u  x  -  b  a  s  h  -  g  i  m  p
enough rope to shoot   |               s y n g i n  @  g i m p . o r g
yourself in the foot   |                 s y n g i n  @  g i m p . n o