Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: your so called optimizations and why we don't like them

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 01:39:36PM +0100, degger@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm talking about nested function calls. If a function deep inside fails
> it should be handled as quickly as possible instead of propagating it
> through the code.

Uh, this is C, not Scheme.  We don't throw exceptions.  Calling
gimp_fatal_error is not an option in most cases (most errors are not
fatal).  The correct response to an error condition is to return an
error indication in accordance with your API.  Upstream callers are
responsible for checking error returns except for errors which cause
transfer-of-control with longjmp or exit.

--
			 I love catnip mice.
		   It's why I chew their heads off.