Re: [Gimp-developer] XCF support added to ImageMagick

Hi Leonard,

I think if you make sure to check the version of the XCF, this will be
exceptionally useful to users of ImageMagick.  Its not at all an uncommon
request on gimp-user or the gimp newsgroup.  Batch conversion is still best
handled via the commandline, and having the ability to use gimp's working
format is a big bonus.

It makes us bump the version number when we upgrade the image format, but we
try to do that anyway.

Now, I don't expect it to be easy to implement (involving significant chunks of
the core, as Sven mentioned), but if you've got that covered please do add it!

Happy GIMPing,

Seth Burgess
sjburges@xxxxxxxx